Do you write blogs for your business?
But now aware, how to market them effectively.
You can create multiple blogs for your business. Some are informative, some are promotional. Even your blogs are SEO-friendly.
But the main problems start with marketing your blog. You do not know how to market your blog to reach out to new customers.
Do not worry!
You have your answers here!
In this blog, we will let you know how to market your blogs to promote your business in 2022.
You just need to follow some steps and you are done with successful blog marketing.
Blogging is an efficient way to promote yourself individually or even your business. Many individuals have even quit their jobs and have started their careers in blogging.
But blogging is not just a piece of cake.
When you create a new blog, you may find it difficult to increase its traffic.
Blogging may look easy, our competition and their creativity level are too high that goes behind the art of blogging. So, you need to create blogs that actually stand out from others.
Blog marketing is a type of online marketing where you can create videos, writings, and audio content on a website/blog site. This marketing has a huge impact on brand visibility.
Why do you need blog marketing in 2022?
Blog marketing is an efficient online strategy for blog marketing.
It can be a helpful marketing method that will bring positive results to a business.
- It is less expensive
- It is easy to use
- It builds web traffic to a business
- It improves SEO rankings of a website
- It helps to gain more trust and credibility to your brand
- It creates new opportunities
- It provides long term results
- It is an effective online marketing channels
Now that you know what blog marketing is and why you need blog marketing, now let’s dive into the tactics to market your blog.
Make sure your blog content is well-researched and provides value to your reader.
Tactics to market your blog in 2022
If you’re stuck with getting new ideas for promoting your blogs, here are the 18 best tactics that have worked for marketing your blog in 2022.
1. Promote your content consistently
Do you regularly create blogs for your site? One thing that you need is to create quality content and promote it as much as you can.
You can share your content in different ways-
- Share it on social media
- Post it on relevant forums
- Add it to your email newsletters
- Send it to influential people in your industry
2. Work with podcasts
Your job is to sell your blog in the podcast and their job is to sell your blog to their audience.
How to promote your blog with the podcast?
- Do your market research
- Contact the podcasts for sponsorship details
- Create a target lists
- Check if they accept interviews
- Follow the host’s lead
3. Share your content on other platforms
Share your blog content on popular platforms to reach out to new customers. They could be another blog site, network, or media house.
Two of them are LinkedIn and Medium.
Resharing your content on other platforms can help you in gaining more SEO value for your blog.
4. Come in contact with bloggers
Either you need an excellent write-up, infographic, or video, you may need to connect with bloggers to promote your work.
How to find fellow bloggers?
- Create a list of bloggers
- Make use of tools to find bloggers
- Be organized
- Know what your goals are
- Define your audiences
- Set your timeline
5. Smart social sharing
Don’t you know social sharing can help you to market your blog?
We know you know that.
Although it is not a new strategy, it is a very effective one. But many of you may find it difficult how to market your blog on social media. There are tons of social media platforms, you can use, but cannot help you if you don’t know how to use them.
How to promote on social media?
- Collect tons of ideas and organized them
- Define audiences
- Create your blog content
- Publish it on social media
- Review its results
- Do advertising is possible.
6. Optimize for Google discover
Google discovery works by providing information to the queries asked in search results.
This helps in identifying recent topics.
Since all search engines love engaging content, optimizing for Google Discover is important as it provides personalized, engaging content.
How to optimize content for Google Discover?
- Create quality content
- create a mobile-friendly website
- Make use of high-quality visuals
- Create exciting videos
- Make use of meta tags
- Work on your E.A.T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness)
Even if your blogs are not getting much traffic from Google Discover, these tips will positively impact your SEO.
7. Optimize for featured snippets
We all are known to featured snippets.
We also mentioned this term, in our previous blogs. Features snippets are information that appears at the top of Google search results.
They provide answers to the query by providing relevant content from top-ranking pages in the search result.
How to optimize your blog for featured snippets?
- Do proper keyword research for your blog
- Focus on long-tail keywords
- Provide answers to the top asked queries
- Make use of Google to help you in finding top asked queries
- Write relevant, informative, and engaging content
- Be factual
- Make the structure of the blog look attractive
- Make use of questions in your headings
- Use tables
- Make use of good quality images
8. Keep Updating Your Internal Links
Internal links are those links that connect on the page to another page in the same domain.
Linking two relevant pages on your website can be beneficial for your visitors to look for what they want.
How to optimize internal links?
- Focus on your content
- Create anchor texts
- Make use of user-focused link
- Optimize your meta tags and descriptions
- Update your current content
9. Create roundup posts
Round-up posts are essential “roundups” of great content in a particular industry or topic area. For eg, “10 Brilliant Blogging ‘How-To’ Posts You MUST Read”.
How to create roundup posts?
- Make a list of good and attractive posts
- Make sure you cite the author
- Be consistent
- Reach out to authors
- Create a list of influencers
- Reach out to experts
- Follow up once
- Publish your posts
- Inform experts
10. Advocate in-person
The blogs you write will be online and will be seen by hundreds, thousands of readers. Same way, your promotional efforts cannot be limited to a place or an area.
You need to step outside the comfort zone.
It doesn’t matter where you are, or how your event is(big or small). All you need to think about is to reach out to new people and deliver the work.
How to promote your blog through events?
- Shortlist a Few Events or Meet-Ups that you like
- Pitch yourself to event organizers
- Create your presentation
- Deliver your speech
11. Make use of the middleman method
You may find it difficult to build links to your important pages. Here the “middleman” method works for promoting your blog. It is one of the effective link-building techniques for your content.
12. Do smart guest posting
Guest posting means writing content or publishing it on someone’s website or blog.
It helps in building high-quality backlinks from popular websites by posting quality content.
How to do guest posting?
- Research what and where your audiences are looking for
- Create content that your audiences are looking for
- Pitch content to publication editors
- Align your guest post with other content
13. Integrate your blog with your products
Many blogs that are published are far away from their products and services.
If you blog for a brand or business and do not interrelate with your services, it doesn’t really matter to create blogs.
How to integrate your blog with your products?
- Create review posts
- Make use of coupon codes
- Use featured posts
- Make use of banners in sidebars
14. Collaborate with other blogs
You have come across, guest posting, roundup posts, middle method, and many more, now let’s do a collaboration with other blogs to promote to new customers.
Creating content in collaboration with another blog will help you to promote yourself to new blog readers.
How to collaborate with other blogs?
- Find opportunities in your audiences
- Make your pitch
- Create content
- Publish and do promotion
15. Repurpose your content
We create content in various formats, videos, audios, and more. Then why not recreate your blog posts in videos too.
Sometimes people find it too boring to read posts, so they prefer watching videos more. This way you can earn more traffic to your blogs.
How to repurpose your content?
- Turn your blog posts into a slide presentation
- Create it also as an infographic
- Convert your blog to Youtube videos.
16. Create affiliate programs
An affiliate program allows a business to pay an influencer or affiliate a commission for increasing traffic and/or sales for their business.
How to create an affiliate program?
- choose a good product for promotion
- Look what your competitors are doing with their affiliate program
- Select a platform
- Decide the payments
- Track your campaign performances
17. Engage in sponsorship
Sponsorship helps in making your online marketing successful. It helps in your blog visibility to your readers. This is an effective way of brand building.
How to get sponsored posts for your blog?
- Create a page for your clients
- Connect with influencers
- Join blogger network
- Post content regularly
- Share on social media
18. Respond to HARO requests
Have you heard about the term, HARO?
It is Help A Reporter Out. They are some requests from journalists, bloggers, about the need for the information they are working on.
Tips to work with HARO-
- Check the publication
- Provide answers to the truly asked one.
- Respond quick
- Stick to the script
If you feel sometimes, “how do I market my blog?”, We feel your pain, and these tactics will help you with that.
Most of the tactics above focus on the promotion part as we know that you are creating products to satisfy your audience’s needs and also for your maximum profitability.