Are you trying to grow your online business?
Why do you need SEO for your ECommerce website?
All your answers are here in this blog. In this blog, we will discuss how SEO is important for your E-Commerce website in 2021.
When it comes to attracting more customers to your online store and increasing sales to your business, the most effective way would be SEO for your E-Commerce website.
The reason behind this is, every business earns benefits massively from SEO, and for an E-Commerce website, it obviously works out, if done strategically.
Well, SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, is a game-changer for any E-Commerce website. It refers to the set of practices used by website owners to increase web traffic.
The purpose of SEO is to rank a website at the top of search engines.
Why is SEO important for an E-Commerce website?
Search engine optimization, also called SEO, is a technique of driving traffic into a website from search engines.
It is the process of increasing the visibility of a website ranking at the top when the users look through the Internet.
Here are the reasons why SEO is important for E-Commerce website-
- It helps in finding new ideal customers.
- It is a cost-effective way for growing a business
- It is a long term investment
- It manages online reputation
- It increases sales
Finding a shop nearby, or finding a product or service, or any kind of information you are looking for, everything starts with SEO.
Every action that users perform online is connected with SEO.
How to effectively use SEO for an online business?
So, you have come across what SEO is and the importance of SEO in an E-Commerce website.
Let’s take a quick dive into how to use SEO effectively for online business.
1. Conduct keyword research for your website
Keywords are the words and phrases that are used by people to find the product, service, or any specific information in search engines.
Keyword research is the technique of identifying terms that searchers enter into search engines for their desired needs.
How to conduct keyword research for your website?
Find keywords for your homepage and product pages
Finding keywords for your home page and web page needs dome steps to follow.
- Pick your website’s keyword theme
- Pick your homepage keywords
- Create your target tagline
- Create your own target clusters
Find head keywords
Head keywords are those keywords that increase your organic traffic.
How to find head keywords?
- Find valuable keywords for your website
- Look for keywords for our content
- Optimize your on-page content
- Optimize keyword density
- Monitor your traffic
- Measure results for your KPIs
Find long-tail keywords
Long-tail keywords are specific and targeted phrases that have low search volume in search engines.
As they are usually less competitive, it makes them easier to rank for. But they have better conversion rates than generic keywords.
How to find long-tail keywords?
- Make use of Google autofill to identify keywords
- Look at Google’s related searches
- Use Ubersuggest
- Use LSI Graph Keyword Generator to identify keywords.
- Look for user-generated questions for your site
Do competitor research
Competitive research is crucial to your success as a business to quickly identify industry trends and adapt to competitor strategies in order to compete with them and rank at the top.
How to do competitor research?
- Identify your competitor
- Find your competitor
- Categorize your competitors
- Take a thorough look at your competitor’s website
- Identify your competitor’s market positioning
- Attend conferences
- Make use of tools to identify competitors
TOOLS to use to identify keyword research
- Answer The Public
- Bing Keyword Research Tool
- Pinterest Keyword Tool
2. How to use On-Page SEO for E-Commerce site
Do you know how to rank your website?
Ranking higher in organic search results generates web traffic for your website.
And this leads to higher chances for a successful sale.
And with on-page SEO, you can increase your page to rank higher in search results.
Optimize your meta Titles, descriptions
A meta title and description are what Google shows in search results.
They can change your ranking for those words when people search for them
How to optimize them?
- Avoid repetition
- Focus on click-through rate
- Write an attention-grabbing meta title
- Write a valuable meta description
- Use action-oriented language
- Use clear and concise words
- Limit to 155 characters
- Make use of keywords or variations
- End with a strong CTA
Optimize your URLs
Optimizing your URLs drives traffic to your posts. And, it is much easier as compared to other SEO options.
How to optimize your URLs?
- URLs must be readable to everyone
- Avoid including everything into URL
- Select relevant keywords
- Be unique
- Hyphen matters
- Organize your content
Optimize your images
Optimizing your site’s images will help with your site’s UX, and improve your site’s rankings in the SERPs as well as image search.
How to optimize your images for your website?
- Make changes to the size of your images
- Choose the right image format for your site
- Write SEO friendly image alt text for your website
- Take a look at the image size
- Create an image sitemap
Add unique content to your page
Maybe you are driving sufficient conversion to your website?
But is it sufficient enough for you?
You can do better by improving your content to make the double or triple conversion rates.
How to create engaging content?
- Write a killer and unique headline
- Intrigue your audiences with your introduction
- Add visuals to your content
- Make use of original graphics
- Use clear images
- Include charts and graphs
- Make use of infographics
- Use an easy-to-read format
- Create a compelling CTA
One little button on your website can make you or break you. The CTA is the crucial ending part of increasing your conversion rate.
How to optimize your CTA?
- Be brief
- Create urgency
- Personalize your CTA
- Use responsive design
- Make your CTA s into a button
- Test and Refine
Write unique product & category descriptions
Creating unique product and category descriptions can attract new customers to your website.
How to write descriptions for products?
- Focus on your ideal buyer
- Turn features into benefits
- Tell a story
- Target on the right SEO products keywords
Add schema markup
Schema markup is microdata that is used to understand what is on a webpage.
There are various schema markup types that represent different kinds of ‘things’ search on SERPS.
How to add schema markup?
- Understand the type of data with schema
- Make use of a tool to use schema markup
- Add schema markup on that specific page
- Test it with Google or Bing
Breadcrumbs are needed in every good website & blog.
It is a small navigational menu usually located at the top of a web page. It helps the users to track their path from the homepage to the page they’re currently checking on.
How to use breadcrumbs?
- Enable breadcrumbs through an SEO plugin
- Make use of breadcrumbs to your website
- Make sure the breadcrumbs are mobile-friendly
- Don’t make your breadcrumbs navigation too large
- Add breadcrumbs schema
Run a full SEO audit
Performing an SEO Audit for your website can help you in many ways.
Firstly you can identify areas that need improvement and create an action plan to correct them.
Second, a good SEO audit will keep your website up-to-date with the latest developments and rank you on the top of the competition.
How to run an SEO audit?
- Define how SEO fits in your strategy
- Benchmark your ranking
- Analyze your competition
- Find errors and technical proms
- Remove low-quality content
- Identify the speed of your site
- Test your meta title and descriptions
- Optimize your internal link
- Create a strong backlink strategy
- Improve your content and on-page SEO
- Test your results
3. How to use Content marketing for your site
Create content your audience wants to share and link to
As we know that Digital Marketing is growing rapidly these days. But have you thought about how it works?
The whole digital marketing work on one concept and that is content.
As we all know, how it is beneficial to our business.
But do you know how to create high-quality content?
- Look for your audiences
- Create a strong headline for your page
- Be real, clear, and concise
- Add emotions
- Add video content
- Highlight the headings and subheadings
- It should include 3-4 sentences
- Make use of simple vocabulary
- Make use of images
Make use of social media
How to make use of social media?
- Add social posts to your social media
- Promote your content on social media channels
- Check what should you post on social media
- How often should you posts
- Share content
- Make use of hashtags to reach more audiences
- Join groups and communities
- Share your website page on social media
- Engage with famous influencers
Partner with influencers and brand ambassador
- Connect with strong niche influencers
- Determine your goals and KPIs
- Create high-quality content to attract influencers
- Go for long term partnerships
- Increase the use of video
- Make use of video content
Strategically Add Internal Links
How to add internal links to your website?
- Create a website structure
- Make use of links in important web pages
- Do an internal link audit to optimize your crawl budget
- Make use of target keywords in your site
- Use alt attributes on your page
- Add contextual links in the content
How to fix the technical issue of your site
There are technical SEO issues that require their attention, to every online business.
- Find site error in your website
- Remove duplicate and thin content from your website
- Check for SEO status of your homepage
- Speed up your website
- Improve UI
How to use link building for your site
Link Building is the process of linking other websites to your website to increase web traffic.
Not let’s take a look at how to use link b building for a website.
Find Broken Links to Your Pages
Broken links are links or URLs that are not reachable and do not work due to some technical errors.
How to find broken links?
- Identify all broken links on your page
- Generate a report to find the links
- Fix all of them.
Find Sites Linking to Your Competitors
Identifying similar links as your competitors can help you get to know their ranking in search results in order to raise your website ranking.
How to find links using a competitor’s link?
- Study your competitor backlink profile
- Filter your spreadsheet by opportunities
- Build strong Content
- Look for Third Party Websites
Research Groups and Events on Social Media
How to research groups and events on social media?
- Attend conferences
- Connect with influencers
- Do guest posting
- Be a quest to other channels
Get Links from Your Suppliers or Distributors
- Create an infographic content
- Ask your suppliers & Distributors to share
- Create good content
Organize a Creative Campaign to Promote a Product
- Create a good campaign
- Set your campaign goals
- Choose a topic for your campaign
- Choose your niche
- Connect with influencers
- Share it on social media platforms
- Offer discounts, coupon codes
- Add CTA
6. E-Commerce SEO- some best tips
These E-Commerce marketing strategies will help you scale your online business for long term success.
- Ensure Your Site is Secure
- Optimize for mobile-first
- Optimize your checkout process
- Ask customers to review your services
- Work out on discontinued products
So, you have come across the complete guide for E-Commerce SEO for an E-Commerce business in 2021.
For more information Get in Touch with us @DigiTechDesk